Duterte calls Trillanes’ a evidence trash

0
3

Metro Manila Philippines (September 1) — President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday slammed Sen. Antonio Trillanes for implicating his family in the corruption at the Bureau of Customs (BOC).

Duterte said at the 11th founding anniversary celebration of the Eastern Mindanao Command in Davao City.

If there’s evidence, it should not be the ones from Trillanes because all of it is trash.

Duterte was referring to allegations that his son-in-law, Atty. Mans Carpio is part of the so-called “Davao Group,” which influences certain transactions at the BOC.

On Aug. 29, Trillanes said he had witnesses who would attest that Carpio, husband of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, had been seen at the BOC several times this year and late last year, allegedly asking brokers for a bribe to hasten the release of shipments.

Duterte said there was nothing wrong in Carpio practicing his legal profession and representing a company which would have transactions with the BOC.

When the Mighty King issue came in, he said their law office was hired for legal defense. For us lawyers, lawyering is lawyering.

The President on Friday also reiterated he will resign if he is shown evidence that his family is involved in corruption.

That’s all I’m going to say, that is my guarantee. When the time comes and you see me, fooling you, you are free to advise me to step down.

However, he said his “parental supervision” only extends to his three children.

I will only be responsible for my children, Paolo, Sara, and Sebastian if they are involved in corruption.

Customs fixer Mark Taguba on Friday also cleared Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and Atty. Mans Carpio of their alleged involvement in the anomalous Customs shipment.

  • cnnph
loading...

Please leave your comment.